September 2012 | Davy Jones Consultancy
7 Sep 2012
Localism or passing the blame?

This Government, like many before it, is good at blaming everyone else for the nation’s troubles. But it has also developed a cynical new technique: invent a reactionary policy, then under the guise of localism, make local councils responsible for implementing it. I have spent a lot of time in the last few months working with councils who are struggling to implement grim cuts in council tax benefits caused quite deliberately as a matter of policy by the Government. Up...

Read More

Congratulations to the New Economics Foundation for some startling facts and figures here: http://bit.ly/PrgHx8 I have blogged previously about income and wealth inequality, but even I was startled to see these facts and figures. The wealthiest 1% now have more property-based wealth than the other 99% of society. And the top 1% have a greater total aggregate wealth of all types than the bottom half of the population. Two thirds of the wealthiest 1% work in finance. Now who was...

Read More